1 cup crushed tomatoes
1/2 a bulb of garlic - Finely chopped
2 to 4 Tbs fresh Italian herbs (oregano, marjoram, Italian flat leaf parsley, basil) - Finely chopped
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Dry white wine
Freshly ground black pepper
- Pour 1 cup crushed tomatoes into a saucepan.
- Throw in the garlic & Italian herbs.
- Add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Pour in 60ml of dry white wine.
- Add 1/2 a teaspoon of salt (or more to taste) as well as the freshly ground black pepper.
Stir occasionally and simmer gently until thick and dark red and leave to cool before using.
Can be frozen if not using the same day or in the near future.