Prepare your Doppio Living oven and heat to between 350-380°F.
2-3 cups small cherry/Roma tomatoes
3-4 cloves garlic - peeled & sliced
1 large or 2 small onions (red are the best) - peeled and sliced
1 red pepper - seeded and sliced
1 yellow pepper - seeded and sliced
1 green pepper - seeded and sliced (optional)
1tsp smoked paprika (of more if you like)
Salt and black pepper
Sprinkle of brown sugar
- Prepare all the vegetables and place them evenly spread out on a cast iron griddle. We recommend the Lodge 15 inch as it fits perfectly into the opening.
- Drizzle with olive oil until well coated.
- Rub paprika, salt & pepper onto the vegetables.
- Splash a glug of balsamic over it all and add the sugar.
- Place in the oven, taking care not to singe your wig.
- Cook until vegetables are soft and slightly charred in places - cooking time will vary.
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool to room temp.
- Blend in a blender or food processor to desired texture. Some like a chunkier sauce but others may prefer it to have a smoother texture.
- Store in a sealed jar until needed.
UsesSpread over pizza bases before adding toppings.
Use as a dip for Nachos.
Accompanies a good fry-up breakfast of egg, steak, bacon & fries.
The quantities of the seasonings in this recipe are all a guide. Work according to your taste.